EXCERPT FROM A SERMON OF
H.H. ACHARYA MAHAPRAGYA
ON THE OCCASION OF HOLI
"Today is Holi, an important festival for the Hindu society. Many mythological stories and folklores are associated with it. Once a myth has been glorified, automatically a few folklores and aphorism are constructed around it. The truth however is that the month of spring (Basant) is one for merriment.
Rejuvenated blood flows through our body and new grains fill the fields. This is actually an agrarian festival. A time for farmers to rejoice. When farmers bring home harvested wheat and gram, they are overcome with joy. Indeed, pods and pods of gram do make the festival joyful.
“Due to the Holi Festival, people are filled with happiness, joy, and full of action. When we look at a human being in a gross manner, we find him made of bones and flesh. When we look at him subtler, we find him made of colours. In ancient times, man was identified with colours. Nowadays, in this scientific age, he is identified with aura. The man becomes great whose aura is specially good and beautiful.”
H.H. Acharyashree Mahapragyji inspired people on the occasion of Holi, to celebrate the festival with spiritual colours. He guided them in the practice of Leshya Dhyan and Mangal Bhavana. People experienced the spiritual aspect of Holi by meditating on five steps of Leshya Dhyan. H.H. encouraged the audience to practice Leshya Dhyan in their daily life.
For development of spirituality and beautiful aura, the following five steps can be practiced:
- Perception of the body from the toes up to the knees with visualisation of yellow colour. This will help to develop good health.
- Perception of the body from the knees up to the waistline with visualisation of white colour. This will help to make the mind peaceful.
- Perception of the body from the waistline up to the navel with visualisation of orange colour of the rising sun. This will improve the bio-energy.
- Perception of the body from the navel to the eyebrows with visualisation of green colour. This will improve the vital energy.
- Perception of the body from the eyebrows to the top of the head with visualisation of blue colour. This will help to improve habits charged with bliss and happiness.
On the occasion of Holi , People meditated with great attention. They enjoyed the colours inside. H.H. remarked, “The body is purified when it is washed with rain and water. By Colour Meditation we purify body, mind and emotions.”
People attending the special Holi sermon practiced to go in deep meditation; the scene was then filled with bliss। The audience liked very much this very spiritual celebration of Holi. The practice helps one wash away the evils and greatest enemies of oneself-anger, pride, deceit and greed."