सोमवार, मई 10, 2010

Views

Stand on religion

Mahapragya says
"The religion which does not bring about a change in a man’s life, which does not impart peace to him, deserves to be thrown into the river Ganges rather than carried on as burden on one’s shoulders. Rituals or idol worship alone are not enough unless one’s conduct also gets transformed. Religion is not confined only to temples, mosques or churches, but extends to the man’s day-to-day living as well."[50]
"I believe in that religion which has moral values at its foundation and spirituality at its peak. I don't believe in that religion that doesn't have moral values and spirituality. I accepted that religion which made me physically, mentally, emotionally healthy. Religion is beyond rituals. Religion has the ability to solve our problems if you believe in pure religion."[51]
Influence
Rashtrakavi (National poet) Ram Dhari Singh Dinkar said “Mahapragya is a Modern Vivekananda. We have not seen Vivekananda, only heard and read about him. But now we can see Vivekananda through his Vision”[36].
Ex Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee has often said in mass meetings “I am a lover of Mahapragya’s literature”. The Eminent Scholar of Philosophy, Dr. Daya Krishna has recognized Acharya Shri Mahapragya as the most knowledgeable person on the subject of Jain Logic.
The famous Bangla writer Shri Bimal Mitra used to say, “I find new truth in Mahapragya’s work. When I read his books, I feel as if I write for the masses and he writes for me. If only I could have met him in the initial stages of my career, my literature would have had a new path to follow”.
Dr. A.L. Bashim says "While meeting Acharya Mahapragya, one gets the thrill of meeting the ‘Spiritual Ideal’ or the ‘Wonder that India was’".

Awards and Honours
  • Mother Teresa National award of peace by Inter faith Harmony foundation of India in 2005
  • Communal harmony award i.e. Sampradayika Sadbhavana Puraskar by Govt. of India in 2004[52]
  • Ambassador of Peace (London) by Inter Religions and international federation in 2003
  • Lokmaharshi by New Mumbai Municipal corporation in 2003
  • Indira Gandhi National Integration award in 2002
  • D.Litt by Netherland Inter Cultural Open University in 1999
Death
Acharya Mahapragya died on 9th May 2010 at 2:52 PM in Sardar Sahar, the place where he gained monkhood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acharya_Mahapragya

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं: